|have a check-up (ตรวจสุขภาพ)||go away on vacation (วันหยุดพักผ่อน)||check out a new restaurant (ลองร้านอาหารใหม่)||give away things (ให้สิ่งของ,บริจาค)|
|tidy up the house (ทำความสะอาดบ้าน)||put away money (เก็บเงิน,ออมเงิน)||work on a project (ทำโปรเจค)||stay up late (นอนดึก)|
|meet up with friends (พบปะสังสรรค์)||stop by a coffee shop (แวะร้านกาแฟ)||watch some shows (ดูรายการทีวีโชว์)||sleep in (ตื่นสาย)|
– Language Focus: Present Continuous for Future Plans
Present continuous is used to talk about future plans or arrangement for events in the future
- Affirmative: Subject + verbs to be + v.ing + other words.
– I am visiting my family in Chiangmai next week.
– Zack is going away this weekend.
– My friends are staying up late tomorrow night.
- Yes-No question: Verb to be + subject + v.ing + other words?
– Are you doing anything tomorrow?
– Is Sara having a checkup next week?
- WH-question: WH + Verb to be + subject +v.ing + other words?
– Where are you doing tomorrow ?
– Who is she meeting next week?
_ Practice: Complete these conversations with the present continuous form of the verb.
- A: What are you doing this weekend?
B: I am staying home all weekend. Some friends are coming over to watch a basketball game. The Tiger is playing.
- A: I am getting a new TV on Wednesday, finally! What are you doing on Friday? Do you want to come over?
B: I’d love to, but i can’t. Joe and I are visiting his parents this weekend. We are leaving on Friday after work.
- A: Is Jane stoping by the coffee shop tomorrow morning?
B: No, she running an errand for her mom is the morning and she is coming straight to work.