– Vocabulary: Fill the verbs into the matching sentences
|drive (ขับรถ)||on foot (ด้วยเท้า)||take (รับ)||commute by (เดินทางโดย)|
|ride (ขี่)||get to …. by (ไปถึงโดย)||fly to (บินไป)||get around by (ไปไหน มาไหน)|
- My father likes to ride motorcycle to the mall. He can get there quickly in traffic.
- I usually go to school on foot because my school is close to my house, less than 10-minute walk.
- We will travel to Japan next week. We will fly to Haneda airport.
- It is better to commute by BTS to the office during rush hours.
- Jane doesn’t know how to drive a car but she knows how to ride a bicycle.
- I get to the post office by bus because it is cheap.
- My friends live in a big city. They get around by different transportation such as subway and taxi.
- We have to take the next train to Huahin.
– Language Focus: Simple present statements
|Affirmative||He/ She/ Jane drives to work|
Most verbs add –
Some verbs add -es: s, sh, ch, x, 0
Verbs ending in -y change to ies
Some verbs change – have -> has
|I/ You/ We/ They drive to work|
|Negative||He/ She/ Jane doesn’t drive to work||I/ You/ We/ They don’t drive to work|
|Yes/No- Question||Does he/ she /Jane drive to work?||Do I/ you/ We/ They drive to work?|
|Wh-Question||When does he/ she/ Jane drive to work?||When do I/ you/ We /They drive to work?|
– Practice: Complete the sentences using present simple form
- I take [take] the cus to school. I don’t walk [not/walk].
- Jonathan has [have] a car. He drives [drive] to work.
- Anne doesn’t walk [not/walk] to school because the weather is too hot.
- Do you ride [ride] a bicycle on the weekend?
- My parents take [take] the train to work. They go [go] to the city.
- Jennie usually flies [fly] to Australia. Her mom lives [live] there.
- My neighbor rides [ride] a motorcycle to work. He doesn’t have [not/have] a car.
- When do you commute [commute] to work?
- My family an I don’t like [not/like] to fly. We normally drive [drive] a car.
- Jane doesn’t take [not/take] the bus. She usually takes [take] a subway.
- Does your sister get [get] to university van?
- My friends and I go [go] Huahin once a year. We normally take [take] a train there.